The questions Du Jour are: Which of your habits promote wellness?
- Staying boldly connected to Spirit... via ritual, worship, & fellowship in a variety of formats - with several overlapping circles of folks. These things - these beautiful souls, nourish me, lift me up, and somehow... simultaneously free me - and tether me "all at the same time, because it's a place of mystery."
- Staying connected to my people, even when I wanna crawfish into a hidey hole. Reaching out for a "voice tether" when that is what I need.
- Lighting candles
- Talking when I need to talk
- Tapping into creative things, like making drums, drumming whenEVER possible
- Sitting with a pot of tea and a book
- Eating healthy food
- Putting my feet, into wild places with running water
- Exploring the wild places - with wild friends
Which contribute to discomfort and disease?
- Not getting adequate sleep. This is such a HUGE issue for me, I don't sleep enough. Falling asleep can be very tricksy... but I gotta own this part... If I don't crawl INTO the hammock until nearly midnight, I am robbing my self of the opportunity for more Zzz's - it's pretty clear I won't be sleeping... if I don't go to bed!
- Falling into old thought patterns of being disposable / unworthy / bothersome... so when I am having a bad time... sometimes I just crawfish into the hidey hole, sometimes I just go silent... and don't let the people who love and cherish me... in on it.
- Pushing WAY the fuck too hard, and thus, wearing myself completely out. It takes longer to recharge from THAT place, than if I was just more reasonable.
- Some days - maybe too much caffeine - though none of my medical staff have mentioned it .
- I know there are days, I don't drink enough water.
I'm certain there are more in each category, but that is what comes swims to the surface.